Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Just this week John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate.  Obviously, this is a choice that is risky and could in the end cause trouble for McCain.  I myself, though, feel that while this choice is unexpected, it will bode well for McCain.  Palin appeals to the women of the United States, being a mother people can relate to her.  Also, she may be able to pick up the Hilary supporters who otherwise may have voted for Obama.  Either way, it was a risky move on McCain's part but I feel that it also shows that this country is moving in the right direction.  Often being criticized for only putting elderly white men in power, now we do not only have an African American running for the president, but a woman as a vice presidential candidate as well.

3 comments:

j.a.g. said...

Yeah, way to steal Obama's only claim to a "historical race!"

rali2 said...

I'm not sure if you've heard about the Palin "scandal"- her 17 year old daughter is pregnant out-of-wedlock and everyone is asking Palin how are you going to run the country and your home? Palin's answer: if I was a man you wouldn't be asking me that question. I applaud her for portraying the lack of gender-equality.

Sarah S. said...

I agree, I do think Palin is a good choice for McCain because it shows that maybe, JUST maybe the Republican Party can change too...