Sunday, September 7, 2008

2008 VMA's

Tonight on the VMA’s the host, Russell Brand, a British comedian, said totally vile comments about people’s sexual lives and other things. Instead of being funny crossed the line which was apparent by people’s facial expressions, and the crowd’s lack of laughter. Maybe if he was a citizen of this country he could comment but he’s not and I think that he is inappropriate. I know that we have freedom of speech but I think that people should use discretion when talking about other people’s personal lives, even if they are joking.

2 comments:

Adrila said...

I agree. I feel that he was completely out of line. Sometimes it is necessary to leave well enough alone.

katie hills said...

I also agree. I think that everyone felt really uncomfortable. During a couple shots of the audience's reaction everyone was just kind of sitting there looking really confused. I also think it's a little strange that MTV allowed him to say all those things about the Republican party. I'm a Democrat but MTV's Rock the Vote is a huge campaign encouraging young people to vote in general, they're not supposed to endorse a certain party. The VMA's are going downhill in every way!