Monday, September 22, 2008

Do you Want the Palin Look?

I was checking my e-mail when I came across a video on Sara Palin. I posted the link here, but I am sorry if it will not come up on another page since it is really long. I just thought it was interesting how Fox News covered the story of Palin's hair stylist. It seems like a really big deal where she gets her hair done. I just do not understand why this is so important. It seems like the media is trying to make her more approachable, more like a person. I can understand why they do these kinds of stories. They are trying to make the public see that the candidates are real people and that they do the same things we do. These stories put them on our level, in a sense. It just amazed me how important it seems to Fox News where Palin gets her hair done. I think they should be covering more important things.

2 comments:

chelsea b said...

In the Red Eye the other day there was a small article about her hairstyles as well. It addressed how each style was so thoughtfully planned out in order to make her appear the most intellectual, yet still appeal to the hockey mom crowd.

katie hills said...

I personally think Fox News is one of the worst news stations out there. They always have weird stories like this that are just silly, and definitely not newsworthy. Hearing about Sarah Palin's hair isn't going to make me like her more as a person. Fox should definitely find some real news to report.