Thursday, September 18, 2008

Have Your Say

We have been talking in class about the ways in which the media is trying to interact with the public more so when I noticed this section on BBC news I was really excited. Although I have heard about the recent financial crisis I've found it hard to really follow. I don't have any stocks or bonds, I don't have a mortgage, and I don't know anything about Wall Street. For me, BBC's "Have Your Say" page has been far more informative than any in-depth article on exactly what went wrong. Yes, some posters may be way off-base but at least one can usually find a variety of opinions. As much as I love the paper news, it cannot compete with the internet for mass interaction.

1 comment:

Dalia said...

I have to agree with this. The internet allows for current events to be explained more in depth. Maybe this is one of the reasons why the public tends toward the web.