Monday, October 13, 2008

Reality Television- the decline

Today was a sad day for me. While at my friend's apartment flipping through channels, we came across what has to be the worst idea for a reality television show of all time. Paris Hilton has a show on MTV called "Paris Hilton: My New BFF". 

And I thought that "the Real World" was a joke. 

This show is entirely dedicated to women (and one guy) degrading themselves to the childish wishes of a self proclaimed star. I was only able to watch about ten minutes of it before I had to change the channel. What is with these cheesy shows that depict people as attention hungry crazies? Why are they so popular? There is no substance, no point, and no gain from shows such as this.


1 comment:

Dalia said...

Ok, actually there are two guys on the show (one looks like a woman), but I completely agree with you. There really is no point to shows like this. Sometimes I feel that shows like this that we as young people see, will start to act like these crazy people. I do not think shows like these help us in any way to become mature adults.