Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Print Jounalism is Dying

We've been hearing it for a while now- print journalism is dying. At the Christian Science Monitor print journalism is dead. The paper has stopped publishing its print edition and is now online only, because of cost issues. As an aspiring journalist this makes me question- by the time I'm in the field will there ONLY be online newspapers? And if so how bad will that be? I'll still get to write, it just won't be tangible. Does that make a difference?

1 comment:

chelsea b said...

Personally I think it will make a difference. You get a different feeling when you see your name in print - physical, tangible print, as opposed to on a webpage, even if it's a credible newspaper's page. I think this trend is going to be very prominent for our generation when it comes to job-hunting. It's going to be up to us to make sure print journalism doesn't completely disappear...