Monday, October 6, 2008

Amy Winehouse-potential scientologist??

As disgusted I am by Amy Winehouse, I also feel really bad for her. She has a lot of problems and needs to stay in rehab. But, I think that all the attentions the media gives her is just magnifying her situation. I don't think that the media should be portraying peoples' drug abuse and other issues especially since it is such a private matter. She knows how bad her problem is and now scientologists are trying to convert her and Tom Cruise is claiming that he's helped hundreds of drug abusers. The word "scientology" just makes the media go crazy because of Tom Cruise and other followers. I think the media should just leave her alone to be with her family and let her sort out her life.

2 comments:

elizabeth o. said...

the media follows her around, preying on her troubles. that fact is almost as bad as the fact that many many people pay money to learn of her troubles.

I suppose people like to hear about those less fortunate, because it tells them their life isn't so horrible.

Diana Frainey said...

I definitely agree that the media needs to stay out of people's personal lives, especially when it is as personal as an addiction. So many people look up to celebrities and I think it just makes it worse when their faults are displayed in a demeaning way. When little girls hear that Amy Winehouse has a drug problem, they are more likely to copy her actions because she is famous and they look up to her. On the other hand, I guess it teaches some of them right from wrong.