Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Media Coverage of the 2008 Election

In regards to the news coverage of the 2008 election I think they have done their job: those who rarely watched campaigns, debates, polls in the past are now tuning in almost religiously. The media have covered all angles of the campaign race and have used all mediums to broadcast their findings. Regardless of “media favoritism” during election-time, or how ethically they go about their job, I truly think good journalism has been seen at many times throughout this election. I have my personal frustrations with the election and the media, but I put this aside to look objectively into what is being produced to the world. 

Journalist have a loyalty to the citizens first and fore most, and I think they have done a great job at catering to liberals, republicans, independents, men, women of all ages and all ethnic backgrounds. I would never want to be a political reporter because of all the stress involved, but I give them much credit for following the campaign and reporting the FACTS as they find them best to their knowledge. 

I know this is the first time in my 22 years of life I have ever cared so much about an election, and been able to get basic facts, in depth facts, and gossip on any one of the candidates. I appreciate that, and in turn it makes me rely on the news media, and gives me hope that they will continue to do their job as they are doing now. 

1 comment:

Dalia said...

I completely agree because this is the first time that I remember everyone is excited about the elections. I also think this is the case because of the historical importance of this election.